THE ATHLETE FACTORY is a programme-driven training facility with programmes to cater for the diverse needs of children, youth, high performance athletes and general population.
AF SPEED SCHOOL is focused on developing physical literacy and physical fitness using a variety of fun and engaging games and activities/developmentally appropriate activities.
AF Speed School is a 60 minute class with sessions focused on:
- Locomotion (run, jump), Manipulation (throw, kick), Stabilisation (climb, hang, roll)
- Fitness components(Speed, Strength, Power, Endurance, Agility, Balance & Co-ordination)
- Children having FUN!!
- There are two different options based on your child’s age and rate of growth and maturity:
Junior Speed School (5-7years)
90% taught through physical literacy games, 10% taught through structured activities
Advanced Speed School (7-10years)
80% taught through physical literacy games, 20% taught through structured activities
For more details, email [email protected]
Due to the current regulations in place at Level Two, we have decided to reduce the days that Speed School is offered and spread it out over two sessions.
|Tuesday:||3.30-4.30pm and 4.30-5.30pm|
|Friday:||3.30-4.30pm and 4.30-5.30pm|
$125 for 1 session per week
$200 for 2 sessions per week
AF ACADEMY AF ACADEMY is our Long-term Athlete Development programme.
Designed for kids aged from ~10-16 years of age, AF Academy builds resilience and athleticism that will complement your sport-specific training, or if you don’t play sports help make you a confident and efficient mover.
For kids aged from 10-13, AF Academy is aimed at introducing youth into resistance training and organised training in a fun and safe environment. This is done through training that focuses on bodyweight training, learning movement technique, sprinting technique, and landing mechanics with a huge focus on learning via games and physical and non-physical challenges. AF Academy us a great way to supplement your son or daughter’s sports training or the perfect extracurricular activity to add in to ensure they are staying active. We aim to encourage kids to explore different forms of movement and make sure they associate physical activity with fun and engagement so that they stay active for life!
6.30am & 5pm Class:
For 13-16 year olds, these sessions are the perfect progression from our 4pm class or as an entry-level programme into Strength and Conditioning for youth athletes that will help supplement sports training and aid in enhancing athletic performance, or just get you feeling stronger and moving better in a fun and engaging environment. The basis of this class is long-term athlete development via the use and progression of fundamental movements to create an adequate challenge based on athlete level (technical efficiency and maturation)
|Monday:||6.30am – 7.30am|
4.00pm – 5.00pm
5.00pm – 6.00pm
|Tuesday:||4.00pm – 5.00pm|
|Wednesday:||6.30am – 7.30am|
4.00pm – 5.00pm
5.00pm – 6.00pm
|Thursday:||4.00pm – 5.00pm|
|Friday:||6.30am – 7.30am|
4.00pm – 5.00pm
$30 per week for unlimited sessions
Foundation Athlete focuses on the long-term development of high-performance or aspiring high-performance athletes. It is targeted towards motivated athletes that require support in their training but are capable of being in control of their own development.
- Fully individualised training programme. Every athlete has a training programme that is unique to their sport, training age and training goals, and strengths and weaknesses as an athlete.
- The programmes are designed to be athlete-centred, with an interdisciplinary approach including regular communication with coaches, parents, and other people in the athlete’s support network.
- Programmes will also take into account other variables such as time of year (sports season), and other sports training loads.
- World-class support. As part of Foundation Athlete you will be supported with:
- Free sports Physiotherapy from our on-site physios at Foundation Clinic
- Discounted Massage Therapy, Sports Nutritionist and Mental Skills Coaching.
- Comprehensive Athlete Performance Testing. All athletes will undertake a comprehensive assessment prior to the commencement of their training, which includes:
- Initial muscle balance assessment from your assigned sports physiotherapist.
- Athlete Performance Testing which evaluates overall athletic ability including anthropometry, strength, power, speed, agility and endurance. This highlights areas that need to be improved to enhance performance. It also provides a benchmark for monitoring athletic improvements over time.
- Movement screen from our head strength and conditioning coach
- Nutrition assessment and initial consultation.
- Sport Psychology assessment and initial consultation
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday||6.00am – 8.00am|
$50 per week
For more information about scholarship options please contact: Mike Rogers, General Manager, THE ATHLETE FACTORY, ph: 021784839, [email protected].
AF Team is an individual specific strength and conditioning training programme for adults performed in a group environment.
This group environment allows AF Team members to train with the support of not only their experienced coaches but their fellow AF Team athletes.
Individualised programmes are tailored to each member’s specific needs, which allows AF Team to cover all your strength and conditioning needs perfectly.
Rehab to fitness, strength to mobility and sport-specific training. This programme has you covered.
Monday: 5.30-7am & 5.30-7pm
Wednesday: 5.30-7am, 9-10am & 5.30-7pm
Friday: 5.30-7am & 9-10am
$35 per week for unlimited sessions
At THE ATHLETE FACTORY we understand the importance of athletes being able to track their progress, measure results and focus on key areas of strength and weakness. Find out how you compare to world-class athletes in your sport, and how you can improve.
Operating since 2010, INSIDE RUNNING ACADEMY is New Zealand’s leading full time rugby academy and offers a range of Camps and Services that are entirely focused on player’s present and future development.
We will teach you how to become the best player that you can be through comprehensive training schedules, expert coaching and support staff, state-of-the-art methodology and world-class training facilities.
Additionally, you’ll experience a taste of quintessential New Zealand rugby culture — while based at one of New Zealand’s top beach resort locations.
Visit our website for more information: www.rugbyacademy.global.
Get in Touch With head coach Ricci
Get in touch with our Head Strength and Conditioning coach today to discuss your training options, schedule a consultation or to get some burning questions answered
Email: [email protected]