THE ATHLETE FACTORY is a programme-driven training facility with programmes to cater for the diverse needs of children, youth, high performance athletes and general population.
AF SPEED SCHOOL is focused on developing physical literacy and physical fitness using a variety of fun and engaging games and activities/developmentally appropriate activities.
AF Speed School is a 60 minute class with sessions focused on:
- Locomotion (run, jump), Manipulation (throw, kick), Stabilisation (climb, hang, roll)
- Fitness components(Speed, Strength, Power, Endurance, Agility, Balance & Co-ordination)
- Children having FUN!!
- There are three different options based on your child’s age and rate of growth and maturity
Junior Speed School (3 and 4 years)
50% taught through free play, 45% taught through physical literacy games, 5% taught through structured activities
Speed School (5-8years)
80% taught through physical literacy games, 20% taught through structured activities
Advanced Speed School (9-10 years)
60% taught through physical literacy games, 40% taught through structured activities
For more details, email [email protected]
Monday – Friday 4.00pm – 5.00pm
$19.90 per week for unlimited classes per week.
AF ACADEMY AF ACADEMY is our Long-term Athlete Development programme.
Designed for kids aged from ~10-16 years of age, AF Academy builds resilience and athleticism that will complement your sport-specific training, or if you don’t play sports help make you a confident and efficient mover.
For kids aged from 10-13, AF Academy is aimed at introducing youth into resistance training and organised training in a fun and safe environment. This is done through training that focuses on bodyweight training, learning movement technique, sprinting technique, and landing mechanics with a huge focus on learning via games and physical and non-physical challenges. AF Academy us a great way to supplement your son or daughter’s sports training or the perfect extracurricular activity to add in to ensure they are staying active. We aim to encourage kids to explore different forms of movement and make sure they associate physical activity with fun and engagement so that they stay active for life!
6.30am & 5pm Class:
For 13-16 year olds, these sessions are the perfect progression from our 4pm class or as an entry-level programme into Strength and Conditioning for youth athletes that will help supplement sports training and aid in enhancing athletic performance, or just get you feeling stronger and moving better in a fun and engaging environment. The basis of this class is long-term athlete development via the use and progression of fundamental movements to create an adequate challenge based on athlete level (technical efficiency and maturation)
|Monday:||6.30am – 7.30am|
4.00pm – 5.00pm
5.00pm – 6.00pm
|Wednesday:||6.30am – 7.30am|
4.00pm – 5.00pm
5.00pm – 6.00pm
|Friday:||6.30am – 7.30am|
4.00pm – 5.00pm
$19.90 p/w for unlimited sessions
Foundation Athlete focuses on the long-term development of high-performance or aspiring high-performance athletes. It is targeted towards motivated athletes that require support in their training but are capable of being in control of their own development.
- Fully individualised training programme. Every athlete has a training programme that is unique to their sport, training age and training goals, and strengths and weaknesses as an athlete.
- The programmes are designed to be athlete-centred, with an interdisciplinary approach including regular communication with coaches, parents, and other people in the athlete’s support network.
- Programmes will also take into account other variables such as time of year (sports season), and other sports training loads.
- World-class support. As part of Foundation Athlete you will be supported with:
- Free sports Physiotherapy from our on-site physios at Foundation Clinic
- Discounted Massage Therapy, Sports Nutritionist and Mental Skills Coaching.
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday||6.00am – 8.00am|
$50 per week
For more information about scholarship options please contact: Mike Rogers, General Manager, THE ATHLETE FACTORY, ph: 021784839, [email protected].
AF Team is an individual specific strength and conditioning training programme for adults, performed in a group environment. This group environment allows AF Team members to train not only under the watchful eye of their world-class AF Team strength and conditioning coaches but also with their fellow AF Team “athletes”.
Each AF Team member has a specific strength and conditioning programme that is tailored to their competency level, goals and sport/upcoming events. This allows AF Team to cover all of your strength and conditioning needs; from rehab to fitness, mobility to strength and sport-specific training – we have you covered with AF Team!
- Fully individualised training programme. Each member has a training programme that is unique to their needs, competency level, and goals.
- World-class support from the team at Foundation Clinic which includes
- Free initial consultation with one of their awesome physios (either on-site or one of their other locations)
- Physio on the gym floor during AF Team morning sessions to answer any questions you may have, offer advice or to book an appointment
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday|
Wednesday and Friday
|5.30am – 7.00am|
6.00pm – 7.00pm
9.00am – 10.00am
$35 per week
Our Open Gym Memberships are just $10 per week and allow you the ability to train in the gym anytime between 5.30am-7pm
Operating since 2010, INSIDE RUNNING ACADEMY is New Zealand’s leading full time rugby academy and offers a range of Camps and Services that are entirely focused on player’s present and future development.
We will teach you how to become the best player that you can be through comprehensive training schedules, expert coaching and support staff, state-of-the-art methodology and world-class training facilities.
Additionally, you’ll experience a taste of quintessential New Zealand rugby culture — while based at one of New Zealand’s top beach resort locations.